The Community Foundation’s Nantucket Fund Awards $225,000 in community grants
The Community Foundation for Nantucket is pleased to announce awards of $225,000 in Nantucket Fund grants, the largest amount awarded to date. These dollars support Island nonprofit organizations critical to meeting the most compelling needs of our year-round community. Generous donations make these grants possible.
The Nantucket Fund is the permanent endowment for the community. It was established by the Community Foundation’s Board of Trustees as the Foundation’s unrestricted source of community grants to financially support and focus attention on the Island’s most essential needs and initiatives. Our Advisory Committee of health care workers, educators, clergy, police, town officials, the media, and others, meet throughout the year to identify and prioritize the Island’s most urgent needs.
“The annual Nantucket Fund grants reflect our commitment to listening and learning from the Nantucket community. We work diligently to ensure that we are able to support organizations and programs most critical to meeting the needs of Nantucket, today and tomorrow.” Said Jeanne Miller, Program Director. “What sets the Nantucket Fund apart is our ability to be flexible, as the organizations and programs we support this year might be different from what we might support next year or in ten years. This fund is here for the long haul.”
The 2021 Nantucket Fund Grants:
- A Safe Place: Victims of Crime Act matching grant to employ a full-time trauma therapist.
- Artists Association of Nantucket: Family Art Program, a series of classes that offer safe and creative learning experiences for young children and their families.
- Bulgarian Education Center: Education and diversity initiatives for Bulgarian youth.
- Elder Services of Cape Cod and the Islands: Supplemental support for Nantucket’s Meals on Wheels Program.
- Fairwinds, Nantucket’s Counseling Center: Funding to hire a psychiatric nurse practitioner.
- Gosnold: SOAP – Structured Outpatient Addiction Program.
- Habitat for Humanity: Costs associated with finishing 3 homes on Benjamin Drive.
- Health Imperatives: Nantucket community health and outreach programs.
- Housing Nantucket: Rehab and maintenance projects for current affordable rental units.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness, Cape and the Islands: Educational and support services for Spanish-speaking individuals.
- Nantucket Boys and Girls Club: LEGO Robotics; a STEM program offered to members between 4th – 8th grade.
- Nantucket Book Foundation: Page to Stage event with Mitchell Zuckoff “Fall & Rise: The Story of 9/11”.
- Nantucket Community Sailing: Free sailing and water sports for underserved children and adults.
- Nantucket Community School: Summer Boost, kindergarten readiness program.
- Nantucket Food, Fuel, and Rental Assistance: Transportation costs associated with bringing fresh and healthy food to the Island’s Food Pantry.
- Nantucket Food, Fuel, and Rental Assistance: Increased rental assistance to their elder clients and those suffering from long-term illnesses.
- Nantucket Island Safe Harbor for Animals: Community outreach programs.
- Nantucket Soccer Club: Scholarship program.
- Rising Tide Preschool: Professional development and unrestricted operational support.
- Nantucket Sports & Therapeutic Assisted Recreation: S.T.A.R. Summer Adventure pods.
- Small Friends: Unrestricted operational support.
- St. Paul’s: Laundry Love outreach program.
To learn more about the Nantucket Fund and help the Foundation continue to support our Island community visit: https://cfnan.org/giving/give-now/nantucket-fund/