The ReMain Nantucket Fund provides grants to Nantucket nonprofits. ReMain’s charitable activity helps to envision and empower a prosperous future for the heart of Nantucket, tapping the Island’s extraordinary resources: its people and strong tradition of independence, innovation, and conservation.
Eligibility and Criteria for Applying for a ReMain Nantucket Grant
The ReMain Nantucket Fund provides grants to organizations with 501(c)(3) tax status, municipalities, or religious organizations that deliver programs and services to Nantucket residents. The ReMain Nantucket Fund is looking for applications that meet one of the following:
1: Enhance Nantucket’s Downtown – Program Grants.
- Boost Cultural Activity in the Downtown
- Nonprofit / Public Partnerships
2: Encourage Better Leaders and Organizations – Professional Development Grants
- Leadership & Governance
- Finance Management
- Fund-raising Expertise
- Strategic Planning
- Feasibility Studies
3: Support Environmental Sustainability – Project Grants*
- Green or Sustainable Projects such as LED lighting, alternative power initiatives, and other innovative technology.
- Resources for feasibility studies or planning for critical, sustainable projects, including for sea-level rise or other property management changes due to climate change.
* ReMain will not support general capital campaign requests.
* Organizations may only apply for ONE grant per category.
In addition, there are restrictions on the scope of activities the ReMain Fund is able to support. In general, the ReMain Nantucket Fund grants are not awarded for:
- Unrestricted general operating expenses
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Umbrella funding organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion
- Capital campaigns
- Political lobbying or legislative activities
The Foundation will award grants only to organizations that have met all the deadlines for project reporting, follow up and accountability for any previous grants from the Foundation.
Application Instructions for a ReMain Nantucket Grant
When submitting your ReMain Nantucket Grant application, please follow these instructions and review the list below carefully.
- Submit applications by the deadline of March 13, 2023. Please send applications to Sunny Daily firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the Eligibility and Criteria and sign the Acknowledgement Form attached to the application, which confirms your understanding that receipt of your submission does not imply eligibility or approval. * Organizations may only apply for ONE grant per category.
- Keep a copy of your submission for your files. If mailing applications, please do not use staples, binders or folders for the originals.
- Please do not include videos, promotional materials or any additional information other than what is requested on this form.
2023 ReMain Grant Application – WORD
2023 ReMain Grant Application – PDF
All Applications should include the following:
- Completed 2023 CFN Grant Application, including signed Acknowledgement Form
- Names and addresses of your current Board of Trustees
- Copy of the letter from the IRS granting 501(c) (3) tax status and any subsequent IRS letters relating to your organization’s status
- Copy of your most recent Form 990N, 990EZ, or 990 and complete financial statements in accordance with Commonwealth of Massachusetts requirements