The ReMain Nantucket Fund provides grants to Nantucket nonprofits. ReMain’s charitable activity helps to envision and empower a prosperous future for the heart of Nantucket, tapping the Island’s extraordinary resources: its people and strong tradition of independence, innovation, and conservation.
Eligibility and Criteria for Applying for a ReMain Nantucket Grant
The ReMain Nantucket Fund provides grants to organizations with 501(c)(3) tax status, municipalities, or religious organizations that deliver programs and services to Nantucket residents. The ReMain Nantucket Fund is looking for applications that meet one of the following:
1: Enhance Nantucket’s Downtown – Program Grants.
- Boost Cultural Activity in the Downtown
- Nonprofit / Public Partnerships
2: Encourage Better Leaders and Organizations – Professional Development Grants
- Leadership & Governance
- Finance Management
- Fund-raising Expertise
- Strategic Planning
- Feasibility Studies
3: Support Environmental Sustainability – Project Grants*
- Green or Sustainable Projects such as LED lighting, alternative power initiatives, and other innovative technology.
- Resources for feasibility studies or planning for critical, sustainable projects, including for sea-level rise or other property management changes due to climate change.
* ReMain will not support general capital campaign requests.
In addition, there are restrictions on the scope of activities the ReMain Fund is able to support. In general, the ReMain Nantucket Fund grants are not awarded for:
- Unrestricted general operating expenses
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Umbrella funding organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion
- Capital campaigns
- Political lobbying or legislative activities
The Foundation will award grants only to organizations that have met all the deadlines for project reporting, follow up and accountability for any previous grants from the Foundation.
Application Instructions for a ReMain Nantucket Grant
When submitting your ReMain Nantucket Grant application, please follow these instructions and review the list below carefully. Applications will not be accepted until after February 15, 2021.
- Submit applications by the deadline of 4:30pm on March 16, 2021. Please send applications to Jeanne Miller and Carlisle Jensen via email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the Eligibility and Criteria and sign the Acknowledgement Form attached to the application, which confirms your understanding that receipt of your submission does not imply eligibility or approval.
- Keep a copy of your submission for your files. If mailing applications, please do not use staples, binders or folders for the originals.
- Please do not include videos, promotional materials or any additional information other than what is requested on this form.
All Applications should include the following:
- Completed 2021 Grant Application, including signed Acknowledgement Form
- Names and addresses of your current Board of Trustees
- Copy of the letter from the IRS granting 501(c) (3) tax status and any subsequent IRS letters relating to your organization’s status
- Copy of your most recent Form 990N, 990EZ, or 990 and complete financial statements in accordance with Commonwealth of Massachusetts requirements
Cultural District Community Engagement Program
ReMain’s mission is to enhance the downtown’s vitality and we want to encourage groups for whom the cost of convening in the various spaces in the downtown may be prohibitive to utilize the downtown gathering places.
ReMain has designated funds within the ReMain Nantucket Fund at the Community Foundation to allow qualified groups to be reimbursed for the cost of meetings, workshops, and or public/nonprofit programming within the Downtown Cultural District. (i.e., dinner and a movie, cooking demonstrations, board or committee meetings, professional development workshops, speakers, and staged readings.)
- Organizations must be a nonprofit or religious organization, or a Town of Nantucket affiliate to apply. Informal groups may be sponsored by qualifying organizations.
- To qualify, the space being rented must be in the Cultural District. See attached map for details: Cultural District Site Map (PDF)
- The purpose of the gathering can be for meetings, programming, training sessions, and or workshops. This program will not support fund-raising events.
- These grants will be through a reimbursement model. Nonprofits can receive up to $500 per meeting or program with a limit of $5,000 / year.
- After the gathering, submit a copy of the paid invoice for the room rental from the venue and the CFN Community Engagement Reimbursement Form to CFN to confirm the event occurred. A check will then be issued by CFN to the qualifying organization.
Copies of paid invoices or receipts for the room rental and the Community Engagement Reimbursement Form must be submitted to Diana Harrison email@example.com.
Questions and Concerns should be directed to the Community Foundation for Nantucket at 508-825-9993.
Community Engagement Reimbursement Form (Word Document)