Eligibility and Criteria for Applying for a Nantucket Offshore Wind Community Fund Grant
Established as part of the Good Neighbor Agreement between Vineyard Wind, the Town of Nantucket, and the Nantucket Preservation Trust, the Nantucket Offshore Wind Community Fund provides grants to tax-exempt organizations, municipalities, the Town of Nantucket (departments, boards, and commissions), and community groups that deliver programs and services to Nantucket residents. The Wind Community Fund is looking for applications that meet one of the following impact areas:
1: To support and promote renewable energy development.
2: To combat the effects of global climate change.
3: To enhance coastal resiliency.
4: To protect, restore, and preserve cultural and historic resources.
In addition, there are restrictions on the scope of activities the Nantucket Offshore Wind Community Fund is able to support. In general, these grants are not awarded for:
- Unrestricted general operating expenses
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Umbrella funding organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion
- Capital campaigns
- Political lobbying or legislative activities
Please follow these instructions and review the list below carefully. Applications are available on Nov. 17, 2023 and due on Jan.31, 2024.
- Submit applications by the deadline of Jan. 31, 2024. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to CFN, PO Box 204, Nantucket, MA 02554.
- Read the Eligibility and Criteria and sign the Acknowledgement Form attached to the application, which confirms your understanding that receipt of your submission does not imply approval.
- Keep a copy of your submission for your files. If mailing applications, please do not use staples, binders or folders for the originals.
- Please do not include videos, promotional materials or any additional information other than what is requested in the application.
The Community Foundation will award grants only to organizations that have met all the deadlines for project reporting, follow up and accountability for any previous grants from the Foundation.