Today, December 5th, was the 2014 Community Foundation Grants Breakfast.
As we celebrate our 8th Community Grants Cycle through the Nantucket Fund™, and the 5th Annual Grants Breakfast, we would like to honor all the donors who have had the confidence in the Community Foundation to support the Nantucket causes that are most significant each year. We are proud that we have been able to award nearly $360,000 to 45 individual nonprofits providing services to Nantucketers since 2007, and that we met our 2014 goal of doubling our grants to over $100,000.
Phil Stambaugh, President of the Foundation board, greeted around 100 people this morning at the Nantucket Hotel to celebrate one of our favorite days of the year – The Giving of Grants! Here is a little taste of where our grant dollars went this year:
We are pleased to announce The Nantucket Fund™ 2014 Grant Recipients
- Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention
- Nantucket Boys & Girls Club
- Nantucket Community Sailing
- Swim Across America
- A Safe Place, Inc.
- Nantucket Community Music Center
- Nantucket Food Pantry
- Walden Chamber Players, Inc.
- access nantucket
- Nantucket Community School
- Housing Nantucket/ NHA Properties
- Health Imperatives, Inc.
- Sustainable Nantucket
- Theatre Workshop of Nantucket
- Linda Loring Nature Foundation
- Literacy Volunteers of the Atheneum
- Family & Children’s Services of Nantucket
- Nantucket Dreamland Foundation
- Nantucket Film Festival
- Friends of Nantucket Public Schools
- Nantucket Interfaith Council/Rental Assist
- MYNantucket (Mentoring Youth)
- Nantucket S.T.A.R
- Inky Santa’s Toy Drive
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Nantucket Safe Harbor for Animals
- NHA Diversity Festival
Margaretta Andrews, the Executive Director of the Foundation, closed the morning’s event after we heard from all 27 of the deserved, grateful, hard-working and inspirational recipients.
Here is the Foundation’s very own Jeanne Miller with one of the newest members and the future of our Nantucket community that we work so hard to support.
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR SUPPORT OF THIS EVENT: The Nantucket Hotel – Mark & Gwenn Snider, The SeaGrille, The Nantucket Bake Shop and The Downyflake Restaurant.
What a wonderful morning of friends, community and philanthropy! We can’t wait for the year ahead to see these grants in action!
If this post has inspired you to give bACK to your Nantucket community, visit our website at www.cfnan.org and see the 3 ways you can GIVE this Holiday season!