Our mission is to strengthen Nantucket now and for future generations through informed philanthropy and community leadership. In pursuit of this mission we act as a:
- Charitable Resource – by maintaining a trusted in-depth knowledge of the nonprofit sector, and by providing resources for donors, nonprofits and the community.
- Grant Maker – by awarding grants through the Nantucket Fund™ and donor-directed funds that respond to pressing Island needs.
- Convener – by organizing community leaders to affect collaborative solutions for Nantucket’s most critical needs.
- Steward – by creating and managing funds to ensure a permanent legacy for charitable solutions.
The Community Foundation for Nantucket supports our community by addressing critical issues, both immediate and long-term, to help those who live on our island. We do this in three ways:
- Through the Nantucket Fund, CFN supports critical island nonprofits in their work providing essential services to our Island community.
- We manage and help grow individual and community charitable funds that support our island and we provide donors with informed gift-giving advice and investment support.
- We strengthen our Island community by supporting philanthropic and community leadership on Nantucket with education, discussion forums, resources, and managerial support.
Taken together, the work of the Community Foundation for Nantucket is about enhancing the well-being of our community – supporting the social, economic, environmental, cultural,
Our Strategic Plan
Goal 1: Develop and maintain our unrestricted grant-making, the Nantucket Fund, and other charitable funds to encourage charitable giving opportunities and financially support and focus attention on the island’s most critical community needs and initiatives.
Goal 2: Serve as an information and education resource on community needs. Convene community members to identify key community needs, causes, and solutions.
Goal 3: Develop best in class organizational leadership and recruit staff and trustees who bring new perspectives, skills, and strengths to our organization.