About The Financial Advisor Program
CFN’s Financial Advisor Program is a win-win for everyone involved: You enhance your services to your clients, while your clients enhance their charitable giving with the benefit of our resources and expertise. At the same time, the quality of Island life benefits from your combined efforts and support.
As a financial advisor, you can:
- Retain and manage your clients’ charitable assets at your financial institution
- Convert non-managed client assets into charitable dollars that you manage
- Offer your clients a value-added service, by connecting them to professionals who combine charitable expertise with knowledge of Nantucket’s nonprofit community
Who Are Candidates For This Program?
Look for clients who:
- Have high capital gains tax exposure
- Are in a “transition” phase of life, such empty nest, retirement, involved in estate planning
- Want a charitable tax deduction now with the flexibility to direct distributions in the future
- Want to grow their contributions tax-free over time
- Are looking to give something back to their community
- Want to leave a legacy for future generations
What You Should Know
- Statements will be reconciled monthly between you and the Foundation. Please contact us at 508-825-9993 for easy-to-use fund establishment forms, information about fees and other administrative details.
- The Financial Advisor Program also requires you to follow professional and industry standards in managing donor funds.
To discover all the advantages of giving through CFN, click on Types of Funds, Planned Giving and our Comparison Chart (PDF). Information on our own investment performance is available by accessing our Investment Performance Summaries. Our Investment Fee Schedule 2016 (PDF) outlines our quarterly fees for service.