The Community Foundation has established the Nantucket Fund for Emergency Relief. This COVID-19 response fund is awarding grants on a rolling basis to Nantucket nonprofits addressing the most important community needs during the health crisis.
Grants focus on providing operational assistance to our Island’s nonprofit human service providers. The goal of this fund is to sustain critical care and services during this pandemic. Examples include:
- Access to Food and Nutrition Services
- Housing Related Support
- Behavioral Health and Addiction Services
- Access to Healthcare for our Island’s vulnerable populations
- Essential services for our Elder community
- Groups or agencies who provide critical services to our community who are unable to do so due to mandated closures
- Reimbursements for organizations participating the in the Nantucket Fund for Emergency Relief Food Initiative
The Community Foundation for Nantucket is pleased to announce that a McCausland Foundation grant to the Nantucket Fund for Emergency Relief has been awarded in support of Community Health. This challenge grant for $250,000 aligns with existing McCausland Foundation donations to entities that focus on mental health and social and emotional learning such as child counseling and other counseling services, parental education, and vulnerable youth learning. We are asking the community to help us match this grant.
Donate to Nantucket Fund for Emergency Relief here or send a check to the Community Foundation for Nantucket at P. O. Box. 204, Nantucket, MA 02554.