The Community Foundation for Nantucket is a public foundation that supports organizations that contribute to the quality of life on Nantucket. Through the ReMain Nantucket Fund grants are awarded as follows:
Grants are available only to nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) tax status that deliver programs and services to Nantucket residents.
- The Fund encourages grant requests for projects and programs on Nantucket that enhance downtown vitality: encourage cultural activities and community events; advance environmental sustainability (e.g. sustainable improvements to facilities, carpooling/transit initiatives); provide educational opportunities for residents and visitors; help build a sense of community through programs which help year-round residents in need; and spark innovation through new programs.
- The Fund also encourages grant requests that build capacity and/or add expertise of the non-profit organization (e.g., board or staff advancement/education; strategic planning processes, technology, upgrades)
There are restrictions on the scope of activities the ReMain Fund is able to support. In general, the ReMain Nantucket Fund grants are not made for:
- Unrestricted general operating expenses;
- Religious organizations for religious purposes;
- Umbrella funding organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion;
- Capital campaigns;
- Political lobbying or legislative activities;
- The Foundation will award grants only to organizations that have met all the deadlines for project reporting, follow up and accountability for any previous grants from the Foundation.
- To apply for a grant, please see ReMain Fund Grant Instructions and Check List.