The Community Health Initiative seeks to stimulate Nantucket entities to develop innovative, collaborative, measurable, replicable, evidence based and sustainable local programs that impact the most urgent needs of Nantucket populations and strengthen the local public health infrastructure *. Healthy Nantucket 2020 seeks proposals that also:
- Directly addresses priorities listed
- Utilizes local data
- Shows ability to adhere to proposed timelines and reporting requirements
- Includes reasonable and well-planned budget projections
- Demonstrates measurable goals and outcomes
- Does not replicate existing services and programs
- Provides services or benefits to the Nantucket Community
- Must be a non-profit organization or public entity (such as schools, town or county departments) providing services to Nantucket.
- Must have staff resources to execute the plan
- The program must be sustainable within five years
*Please become familiar with Factor 9 requirements as set forth by the Department of Public Health at
Criteria for applying:
- Please read the Nantucket Community Health Improvement Plan on the previous page
- Pick one of the four goals to ensure that your application supports one or more of the strategies that lead to work toward a goal as identified by the community.
- For example: Priority Area 1: Behavioral Health
- Goal 1: Enhance overall wellness for the Nantucket community through the implementation of an effective and collaborative Behavioral Health System.
- By 2020, decrease the suicide attempts of 10% a year.
- 1.1 Educate all employers (e.g.) small and large employers, Builder’s Association, Chamber of Commerce), on Nantucket and implement Employee Assistance Programs to recognize and refer high risk employees.
- If your grant request is for seed money, please include a one page business plan that must include the following:
- One line description of company
- Financial model that will include current operating funds, projected revenue, and expenses
- Action plan for success. Milestones you must meet in year one. At what point will be you be financially sustainable?
- Why are you uniquely qualified to succeed?
- Organization structure and management team
- Sustainable plan
- Medical treatments that fall within the customary scope of the hospital’s activities;
- Capital and operating expenses for medical programs based at NCH or its affiliated health facilities;
Expenditures must be for “new money” and are not meant to replace programs that applicants already provide.