It is easy to establish your own named charitable fund and it can be done in less than a day. Working with a member of our staff, and your financial advisor if you choose, you will take these simple steps:
- First, determine your charitable purpose or intent.
- Select the type of charitable fund that best supports your purpose. Our staff will outline your options and discuss advantages of each.
- Complete a simple governing document. Our staff will help you to complete a Fund Establishing Document (PDF) that makes your intentions clear. Our current Investment Fee Schedule 2016 (PDF) is attached to each Establishing Document, and you will be asked to choose an Investment Option (PDF) for your new fund.
- Select a name for your fund. You can use your name, that of a family member, the name of a favorite cause, or choose a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
- Depending on the type of fund you establish, you may designate current fund advisors such as yourself and spouse, and successor advisors such as your children. This information will be included in your governing document.
- Make an establishing gift. We can accept gifts of cash, securities, or other alternative assets.
- Receive a tax deduction at the time the fund is established and when additional contributions are made to the fund